Flu-Like Syndrome (ILI): RMI
- COVID-19 – Palau, Cook Islands, Solomon Islands and Palau
Influenza-like illness (ILI)
PSSS, EPI – WK 7, 2022 Influenza-like illness (ILI) cases compared to WK 6, 2022 SG cases are tabulated as below for comparison. For additional perspective on numbers and percentage trends, country sentinel site reports for WK 6 and 7 are also shown.
Wallis & Futuna reported no cases of influenza and respiratory infection for the week Source: Surveillance Bulletin 04/2022 (W6 & W7).
The actual increases in the number of ILI cases are seen in the RMI. The increase seen in the Solomon Islands may be due to the increase in the number of sites reported for the week.
A reduction in ILI cases was seen in Wallis and Futuna, Fiji, CNMI and Cook Islands for the week. The decrease observed in New Caledonia may be due to the decrease in the number of sites reported for the week.
No ILI cases were reported for the week in Palau, Niue and Pitcairn Islands.
No reports were available for French Polynesia, Tuvalu, Tonga, Tokelau, Vanuatu, FSM and Samoa for the week.
American Samoa, Guam and Nauru did not participate in the monitoring.
Surveillance figures are not intended to capture all cases in countries, but to describe trends over time and are invaluable when trends exceed country baselines, which should then trigger alerts and action. timely to characterize the true nature and extent of the disease.
Maintain influenza surveillance and monitor SARS-CoV-2 by adapting the Global Influenza Surveillance and Response System (GISRS) and sentinel systems during the COVID-19 pandemic: Provisional advice
WHO guidelines for implementation of influenza and SARS-CoV-2 multiplex RT-PCR test in integrated influenza and COVID-19 surveillance Refer here
SARI (severe acute respiratory illness)
- Severe acute respiratory illness (SARI) reported by sentinel surveillance sites (1/18) via PSSS.
- As of February 24, 2022, a total of 431,598,283 cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed, including 5,945,929 (2%) deaths and 360,469,248 (98%) recoveries in 215 countries and territories. Of these, currently 65,104,368 (99.9%) are mild cases and 78,738 (0.1%) are severe cases.
- As of February 24, 2022, in the Western Pacific region, there were 22,255,531 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 178,973 deaths.
- Pacific Island Countries COVID-19 Situation Report as follows: