GAITHERSBURG, Md., March 07, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — GL Communications Inc., a global leader in telecommunications test and measurement solutions, spoke to the press about its network monitoring and surveillance system (NetSurveyorWeb ™) for IP, Wireless and TDM Networks.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/c83f47b5-8447-4995-ad61-f57b2c151ac0
Centralized network monitoring system
“GL’s network monitoring system can record and playback phone calls and filter interesting calls. The monitoring system can store, retrieve, query, report and display call detail records (CDRs) by non-intrusively connecting to TDM, analog, optical or IP networks. Currently supported protocols include 5G, 4G (LTE, IMS, Diameter), 3G UMTS (IuCS, IuPS), 2G (GSM, TRAU, MAP, CAMEL), VoIP (SIP, ED-137, SIGTRAN, H.323 , MEGACO, MGCP), TDM (SS7, ISDN, CAS, GSM, TRAU) and analog systems.
“This surveillance system requires protocol analysis probes deployed at various physical locations. These probes capture, decode and aggregate traffic into calls and transmit CDRs, signaling frame details and other statistics to the centralized database server. These probes can capture data at high speed, store it locally and include protocol analysis software for easy analysis in the field as well,” said Vijay Kulkarni, CEO of GL Communications.
He further added, “The core system includes a database engine, a web server and NetSurveyorWeb™, a web application, to facilitate data storage and retrieval through web browser clients. For customers with low storage requirements, GL offers NetSurveyorWeb™ Lite, which can be deployed on the same system as network monitoring probes and offers historical data retention of up to 9 GB.”
- Supports various decoding standards such as ANSI, ITU, ETSI, 3GPP, for all supported protocols
- Create user-defined quick view groups to focus on traffic that matters to you
- Whitelist certain calls based on phone numbers and other parameters
- Categorize calls based on voice quality parameters and different call failure scenarios
- Ability to play both sides of the call independently
- Download the selected call trace in HDL (GL’s proprietary format) or Wireshark® format
- Works with delay measurement tools to analyze captured voice traffic and provide accurate one-way delay measurements
- Detailed call records
- Display signaling, traffic and quality of service performance indicators in real time
- Export call graphics and decode to PDF or HTML file formats with an option to send emails with the exported file format
- Search and filter the calls that interest you
- Explore calls that interest you with custom filter and/or search options
- Apply simple or complex filters for data analysis
- Key performance indicators
- Unmatched Packet Loss, Gap, Jitter, Delay, RTP Performance Statistics, R-Factor and MOS Scores, and Voiceband Statistics
- signaling messages and types of traffic; Successful and unsuccessful causes of failure
- Voiceband measurement tests – C-notch noise test, signal-to-noise ratio and level, voice quality test (VQT POLQA) and three-tone slope (gain slope)
- Generation of graphs and reports
- Export graphical and tabular reports to PDF or HTML file format with an option to email with the exported file format
- Custom graphs for various metrics such as call completion rate, call answer rate, answer-capture rate (ASR), and call duration
About GL Communications Inc.,
GL Communications is a global provider of telecommunications test and measurement solutions. GL solutions are used to verify the quality and reliability of wireless networks (4G LTE, 3G, 2G), SONET/SDH, Ethernet/IP, TDM and PSTN.
Vikram Kulkarni, PhD
Phone: 301-670-4784 x114
Email: [email protected]
Media Contact: [email protected]